Wednesday, April 29, 2009

...Captains Log star date 4/30/09.....

GAHD!!! I just found out the reason I have been going through so much hell at work. I HAVE A VAGINA!!! Ok, so not as literal as all that, but it is because I am a girl. I know that throughout the years women have fought their way into the kitchen, breaking past the barriers created by the antiquated hierarchy and matching themselves along men, but I never thought I would be a victim of sexism...It's just not something an aspiring chef (namely me) looks at as a big obstacle. I see now that it is still a true concern. The chef I worked under when I first came to this property was very amiable, an excellent teacher, and treated me as part of the team. Not a piece of ass....albeit, a very large piece if you're referring to me *wink* It concerns me that some people's views on etiquette and proper conduct can be so skewed! I'm so very thankful that my parents raised me well enough to know right from wrong!

On a lighter note, I'll be home in just about 17 days, and either have a fun trip to PEI or the prom to look forward to :) not sure which yet, and though I am 19 and a sophomore in college, I have never ever been to a school dance, so there are definite exciting possibilities to going to a high school prom! Yes, my life really is that dull, haha.

I am presently watching Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" and eating Ramen.....with chopsticks.....because I am out of food and therefore doing to one meal at work and a random midnight-ish snack. Such is the life of a single woman, I don't recommend it for the faint of heart :) But I digress. The Birds, when watched from a film buff's point of view, is an amazing feat of a movie, not only does Hitchcock sucede in frightening us again by using the out-of-the-ordinary enemy of birds, which the average person underestimates and takes for granted, but he directed the darn thing with hundreds if not thousands of live birds! The poor actors must have felt real fear!

I have just found out that I must stay awake for at least 2 more hours because Bye Bye Birdie is coming on, and I do not have the fancy shmancy TV recorder programs...sigh...Do not be alarmed or worried dear readers, I Will Prevail, for the good of mankind!

Signing off

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up.

    And if he is missing, or dead, then...I don't care, you know??? Because....I told him to wait!!!

    And wai and wai?? And WAI and WAI....please???

    Don't talk to me about you penis man...I don't want to hear about your peen u wuss...

    Fire ze missles....but I am le tired.

    ReplyDelete